As 2015 winds down, we’re getting our fair share of “best of,” “top 20” and even “looking forward to 2016” lists, but this is not one of those posts. Welcome to our regularly scheduled recap of the wackiest news from around the Web, tech and otherwise. Without further ado, let’s get started:
- Twitter went wild earlier this week when Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos, responded to yet another Donald Trump outburst on Facebook – this time simply letting the mogul know he was willing to send him straight to space. We’re confident that a lot of people might be okay with that.
- 2015 was the year of #GirlPower. From Beyoncé to Hillary Clinton, there was no shortage of explosive moments from influential women around the globe and GoldiBlox is back with another video to recap it all for us. You go, girls!
- Ever scrolled through an Instagram feed and wondered, “who the heck takes these pictures!?!” Look no further than this sketch on the lives of Instagram Husbands, who attest they’re “basically a human selfie stick.” Bummer.
- Twitter released its year in review, and it looks like we might be stuck with another year of boy band drama. Tweets from the boys of One Direction topped the list for most retweets, while social movements like #PrayForParis and #BlackLivesMatter were among the most popular hashtags.
- Finally, if you’re looking for a cool place to grab a drink in San Francisco this weekend, local blog The Bold Italic has you covered. Check out these six quirky bars around the city and let us know which is your favorite.
Well, that’s all, folks! Until next week, that is. Tweet us your favorite stories of the week @BlancandOtus.