From Thanksgiving feasts to setting popcorn on fire it’s been an eventful few days here at the B&O office. And just like you, we’re looking forward to the Thanksgiving break! But first let’s take a few minutes to recap this week’s top news.
- Contrary to Drake’s hotline bling lyrics, “You used to call my on my cell phone,” millennials would prefer you don’t call them. Inc. published an article on why they’re not picking up their phones for you.
- Need a few extra pointers on how to land that dream job? Forbes released an article on how to rise above the competition. Hint: social media can be a big help! (And speaking of dream jobs, check out our latest openings at B&O here.)
- There’s been quite a lot of buzz this week about Twitter’s recent change from “favorites” to “likes,” but soon you might have even more options to show your reactions through emojis! Let’s hope this is true (heart eye emoji).
- Speaking of emojis, clearly they’re all the rage this year: Oxford Dictionary recently declared the “face with tears of joy” emoji as the word of the year for 2015. Curious to know how this “word” was chosen? Check out the blog here.
- We’ve all had those moments where we’ve typed out that we’re LOLing on the ground so hard or were super excited to meet up over text, but what do we actually look like? The Huffington Post published a hilarious piece on the ‘things you say in emails vs. how you look typing them.’
What were some of your favorite tidbits from this week? Send us a tweet @BlancandOtus