This week we bring you the social (Facebook) edition of Wait! What?
Facebook, Facebook, Facebook. It’s all about Marky Mark and his band of merry followers.
- Sorry Jay-Z, it looks like this may be the end of TIDAL for good. Facebook is getting into the music game – the social network is reportedly bringing music videos and perhaps a music streaming service to its platform.
- And in other video developments, Facebook has added floating videos, so you can watch and scroll at the same time. Our attention spans needed this.
- Furthermore, media institutions finding it increasingly difficult to compete in the digital world are now giving up their autonomy and working with Facebook to publish articles on the platform.
- Meerkat is also turning to FB to drive growth after being snubbed by Twitter. Hopefully, the social juggernaut can save the struggling live streaming service.
- And in case Facebook’s apparent world domination is making you a little anxious, now there is Joyable, a new app to curb anxiety, which we initially found out about via an ad on Facebook.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @BlancandOtus! Have a great weekend!