It’s Friday night? Time for a little bit of tech and PR news:
- This holiday season, will Internet-connected toys teach kids to accept Big Brother in their lives? Startups can only hope.
- In other jolly news, the Snapchat CEO thinks Facebook could be the next Yahoo. Which is apparently one of the worst insults in this wicked world of tech.
- Some brands had to learn the hard way this year through ultimate PR fails. Our favorite is that terrifying thing McDonald’s invented.
- And in the spirit of avoiding fails, PRNewser wisely advised against “dragnet pitching” for CES 2015. Because that reporter who reviews kitchen appliances really does not need to hear about your client’s brilliant dating app. A tough lesson, but one that will help us all in the long run… #Hope #Change
- Last but not least: This was the year everyone realized storytelling is important. Now it can become an overhyped buzzword to distance ourselves from in 2015, even though it’s one of our main (and most successful) platforms.
Thus concludes our “Wait! What?” news roundup series for 2014. We’ll be sure to catch you next year with bigger, badder, actually quite similar recaps!