From Google-hating sharks to Tom Hanks’ foray into the world of apps, the techie (and PRie?) news this week is sure to blow your socks off:
- Soon Botlr and friends will greet you at the hotel entrance, check you in and deliver you room service. Better pop a sleeping pill or risk terrifying dreams of a robot revolt.
- #SharkWeek should probably cover some not-so-fishy stories, like Google- eating sharks. Apparently, deep-sea fiber optic cables are quite a tasty snack.
- A typewriter app now exists…because keyboard clicking wasn’t annoying enough. Thank you, Tom Hanks – Wilson does not approve.
- Some major tech celebs have been jumping on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge bandwagon. Here’s to hoping they also donated to the cause.
- Looking for a new fitness tracker? Here is an all-encompassing guide to the best and the worst. According to The Verge, FitBit products can range from amazing to “meh.”
That’s all for this week, folks. But feel free to send other cool stories our way @BlancandOtus or in the comments!