The tech and PR industries saw some pretty interesting storylines this week. From the female version of C3PO to the secret dirty laundry of European countries, check out a few stories that caught our eye:
- Woman decides she wants to become part robot. Because why wouldn’t you want to be able to open hyperlinks with your finger?
- ‘Sharknado 2’ picks up right where its predecessor left off last year; eats Twitter. Not sure what was weirder, the movie itself or the social storm (excuse the pun) that raged around it.
- LinkedIn becomes the people’s voice. Its publishing platform, previously for “influencers” only, is now open to 15 million people. (Alert: Major PR Opportunity.)
- Another way to find out who is viewing your Facebook profile? First off, your mom is the only one viewing it. But more importantly, it’s probably a scam.
- Google reveals that the French have the most to hide. Okay France, what’s going on in those boulangeries?
What other stories piqued your interest this week? Send us comments and links at @BlancandOtus.