It’s the heart of summer vacation season, and on your travels you may very well be feeling disconnected from what’s going on. Well, time to check what the really hard-hitting tech news was this week:
- Disney movies may have used crystal balls to predict magical pauper-to-prince ascents, but to be honest, all we want to know is when we can get our hands on the newest iPhone. Analysts are saying September, but you didn’t hear that from us.
- Monty Python, a Viking king and a typo – tech words might be strange, but it turns out their origins are even stranger.
- In case you were concerned that celebrities have too little influence on social media and American consumer culture, never fear: new startup WhoSay aims to make sure they dominate content marketing and get the perks they deserve, too!
- A Kickstarter campaign successfully raised over $100,000 to fund the production of giant hamster wheels for housecats. Are we really that concerned about pudgy cats, or have Americans just finally exhausted their instant-viewing options on Netflix?
- To infinity and beyond! Here’s something to look forward to in air travel: space-bound hot air balloons.
Did we miss something really juicy? We’d love to hear about it in the comments, or @BlancandOtus!