Tech media was abuzz this week about the European Court of Justice’s recent ruling, which says everyone has a “Right to be Forgotten” on Google. This is great news! Not only for tactless millennials like me, but also for tech products that need to be forgotten, like the Segway. Anyway, below are a few great stories you probably forgot to read this week:
- Shutterfly congratulates customers on their (non-existent) newborns. When targeted messaging backfires, it really backfires.
- The debate over net neutrality is getting highly un-neutral. This handy overview takes a balanced look at the hot-button issue. Read up and join the diatribe today.
- Farm drones! DNA editing! Brain maps! MIT’s 10 New Breakthrough Technologies are basically science fiction fantasies, except they’re not.
- Wearables for social good? Google Glass wearers aren’t always greeted with a warm welcome here in SF. That’s okay. Doctors are still going to use it to save lives. #YOLO
- Virtual reality headsets for chickens. Not a real thing (yet…or ever). But isn’t the picture beautiful? Justice for poultry escapism, please.
What’s on your radar from this week? Send us your favorite story @BlancandOtus or comment below.