- Popularity isn’t everything (for corporate videos). Think long-term with your content marketing strategy; viral videos are better left for capturing children on morphine after the dentist.
- Speaking of children, tech product testing is now an afterschool curricular. We’ll speak with pride to our grandchildren about the days of karate and ballet.
- Curious about what Lifehacker editor-in-chief carries in his backpack? Probably not. But either way, looking through other people’s stuff can be fun…
- Elon Musk’s Hyperloop is so late-2013. Forget LA to SF in 35 minutes, Richard Branson wants to get you from NYC to Tokyo in less than an hour! Billionaire entrepreneurs have such vivid imaginations when it comes to supersonic travel.
- Heartbleed is so late-April. Bitly announced its user credentials were compromised – but we have to give them PR points (very valuable) for being transparent around the issue.
These are the stories that caught our eye this week. We want to know, what got your attention? Tweet us at @BlancandOtus!